Speculating on the rumors surrounding pro wrestling is a favored pastime of many fans, perhaps second only to actually watching the matches. In this daily column, we take a look at the latest rumors being churned out by the pro wrestling rumor mill.
Important reminder: Rumors are just that -- rumors. None of this has been confirmed as legitimate news or fact; so remember to take it all with a grain of salt.
Rumors for the Day:
- As you've surely heard by now, Damien Sandow attempted to cash in his Money in the Bank briefcase on John Cena last night on Raw, but failed to win the match. It was only the second such failure in the history of the Money in the Bank gimmick. This came as a surprise to many, but if you've been reading the Rumor Roundup, you probably weren't too shocked. We mentioned that WWE wanted to add more uncertainty to the cash in process by having another failed attempt, and that is exactly what they did last night on Raw.
- Speaking of Cena, some have been wondering if, now that he is the World Heavyweight Champion, he will be appearing more on SmackDown. Though the brand split is long dead, that title still tends to be associated with SmackDown and is frequently the main storyline on the show. It does appear that, for now at least, Cena will be appearing on SmackDown with his big gold belt. He is scheduled to appear at tonight's taping to be aired on Friday, November 1.
- If you've been listening closely the last few weeks, you've heard anyone in WWE who talks about the titular "cell" in Hell in a Cell call it "the Hell in a Cell structure." That mouthful is, indeed, the official title for the "cell" and WWE officials have been stressing that WWE talent and announcers use it when talking about the "cell." It's incessant terminology similar to how WWE discourages anyone from calling the titles "belts." (CM Punk seemed to use it in every other sentence during some of his promos, which may have been his way of protesting WWE's insistence on calling it that.)
- As we noted last week, Ricardo Rodriguez is at the WWE Performance Center in Orlando, FL "learning to wrestle." This is a temporary plan to keep Ricardo busy while they wait for Rey Mysterio to make his return, at which point it is believed the two will be paired up. Whether they'll be a tag team or if Ricardo will be Mysterio's manager is unknown.
- Speaking of the Performance Center, Mattel's action figure team was there last week scanning 30+ NXT talents in order to make action figures if/when those talents get called up to the main roster.
If you have heard of any interesting rumors that you'd like to add, feel free to post them in the comments section below. Please remember, these are merely rumors. Try not to take them too seriously, just have fun with them.