Speculating on the rumors surrounding pro wrestling is a favored pastime of many fans, perhaps second only to actually watching the matches. In this daily column, we take a look at the latest rumors being churned out by the pro wrestling rumor mill.
Important reminder: Rumors are just that -- rumors. None of this has been confirmed as legitimate news or fact; so remember to take it all with a grain of salt.
Rumors for the Day:
- The sentiment backstage regarding Triple H right now is that he is trying to take over too much, too quickly, and that he has overexerted himself. While Vince McMahon still has final say over the product, Triple H is essentially running all of the shows and events. With McMahon rumored to be returning to TV soon and Triple H rumored to be heading towards a Survivor Series match with Big Show, it's possible that Triple H will get a break from some of his duties as an administrator in order to prepare.
- Ricardo Rodriguez has reportedly been sent to the WWE Performance Center in Orlando, FL, to "learn how to wrestle." It is expected that, after he spends some time there, he will return to the main roster as an active competitor. Whether he will remain in his current character or move over to his "El Local" luchadore character is unknown.
- To those who like to follow this sort of thing, WWE Diva Kaitlyn has changed her look. She has lost the bleached, two-color hair and is now a brunette. You can see for yourself in this video on WWE.com where she reviews the new WWE 2K14 "Phenom" special edition game.
- Speaking of changes to a talent's look, Sheamus has shaved off his beard. Pictures of the clean-shaven Sheamus at a recent anti-bullying rally are floating around the internet if you'd like to see.
- There was an interesting altercation between two former WWE talents at a New York Wrestling connection event this past weekend. Justin Credible and Matt Striker had a "pure" wrestling match (no running the ropes, no punches,) after which Striker was supposed to beat Credible down. Instead of the planned finish, Striker threw a chair at Credible, busting his face open. Striker then went to the back while Credible received medical treatment. Afterward, Credible went to the back and sought Striker out, finding Striker talking negatively about Credible to the promoter. Several other wrestlers kept the two men separated, and, at one point, Credible threatened to kill Striker if he did anything like that again.
- To the surprise of relatively no one (unless you're only surprised when TNA doesn't surprise you,) it is expected that AJ Styles will retain his TNA heavyweight championship in his rematch with Bully Ray on tonight's Impact. It is currently believed that TNA is going to hit a "reset button" of sorts with the company's ongoing storylines now that Bound for Glory has passed, and this match will get Bully's rematch out of the way early so that Styles can move on to whatever TNA wants to do with him next. (Remember, Styles reportedly signed only a short term deal last month which runs through December.)
If you have heard of any interesting rumors that you'd like to add, feel free to post them in the comments section below. Please remember, these are merely rumors. Try not to take them too seriously, just have fun with them.