Speculating on the rumors surrounding pro wrestling is a favored pastime of many fans, perhaps second only to actually watching the matches. In this daily column, we take a look at the latest rumors being churned out by the pro wrestling rumor mill.
Important reminder: Rumors are just that -- rumors. None of this has been confirmed as legitimate news or fact; so remember to take it all with a grain of salt.
Rumors for the Day:
- The long rumored plan to turn Big E Langston babyface came to fruition last week on Smackdown, and, according to rumors, it is expected to take him into a singles feud with Ryback. Rumors much earlier in the year that WWE wanted Big E to enter the World Heavyweight Title seem have fallen through for now, as Langston reportedly went three months without a televised victory before last night's Raw. However, if Big E is successful in getting over as a face, the sky is the limit, as he would certainly fit the bill for the African American main event-level face WWE is reportedly looking to create.
- Bray Wyatt has been cleared to wrestle after suffering a deep calf contusion at an October 12 house show. WWE is expected to play it safe with him however, and does not expect to have him back in the ring until after Hell in a Cell.
- Former WCW and WWE superstar Konnan seemingly confirmed an interesting rumor while he was a guest on a radio show in Mexico. He stated that CM Punk and AJ Lee are, indeed, dating. Speculation about the pair has been going on for a little while now, at least since the two were photographed together at baseball game in September. Konnan also noted that he's heard from folks backstage in WWE that Punk has a reputation for being "big headed" and "conceited." According to Konnan, Punk used to "hate" guys with similar attributes when Punk was getting started in WWE, including John Cena, so Punk is coming off a bit hypocritical.
- Konnan mentioned another interesting bit regarding Michael Hayes, head of WWE creative who was recently suspended for having drinks with recovering alcoholic Rosa Mendes. Konnan said that he believes Hayes will be replaced soon, and that he knows guys backstage who will "kick his ass" before he leaves the company if he is fired.
- Rob Van Dam is continuing to appear at wrestling related events booked through WWE, such as signings and conventions, including an event this up coming weekend. Even if he is not still officially under contract with WWE, it doesn't appear that there is any animosity between the two sides as some rumors had suggested. Indeed, it looks like he initial rumors stated: Van Dam will work for 90 days, take a roughly equal amount of time off, and then return approximately around the time of Royal Rumble for a run to WrestleMania 30.
- Newly crowned TNA champion AJ Styles reportedly suffered a rib cartilage injury during his match at Bound for Glory with Bully Ray over the weekend. It must not be too bad, as it has already been announced that he will take on Bully Ray in a championship rematch this Thursday on Impact.
If you have heard of any interesting rumors that you'd like to add, feel free to post them in the comments section below. Please remember, these are merely rumors. Try not to take them too seriously, just have fun with them.