Speculating on the rumors surrounding pro wrestling is a favored pastime of many fans, perhaps second only to actually watching the matches. In this daily column, we take a look at the latest rumors being churned out by the pro wrestling rumor mill.
Important reminder: Rumors are just that -- rumors. None of this has been confirmed as legitimate news or fact; so remember to take it all with a grain of salt.
Rumors for the Day:
- Rumors were abound a few weeks ago that Triple H would be taking on the Big Show on a pay-per-view (PPV) in the near future. It was believed, at the time, that Hell in a Cell might be the place, but that has proven not to be the case. That was part of the plan at one point, but with John Cena returning ahead of schedule from his injury to take on Alberto Del Rio, along with Daniel Bryan vs. Randy Orton in the cell itself for the WWE title, WWE decided they didn't need any more "main events" on the show. Instead, it is looking more and more as though Triple H vs. Big Show will take place at next month's Survivor Series PPV.
- In the past week, we've learned that WWE made an effort to include Hulk Hogan at WrestleMania 30, though that plan has apparently fallen through. WWE is also hoping to bring in Sting for a match with the Undertaker at WrestleMania 30, once "the Icon's" contract with TNA comes up at the end of the year. Another old WCW star WWE is trying to bring back is Goldberg, with plans already being discussed for having him in a match with Ryback at the 30th anniversary of "the granddaddy of them all." The two sides have still not come together on a deal, with the biggest hangup reportedly being that Goldberg will only sign to wrestle a match that he wins. This becomes a problem if WWE was hoping to have Ryback go over Goldberg in a clash of past and present "bald, stocky, monster" wrestlers.
- WWE is still pushing hard to get the long rumored "WWE Network" up and running. They've now announced that they have a target date of February, 2014; right around the time of the Elimination Chamber pay per view.
- Kevin Nash will reportedly be attending the October 28 edition of Raw. What his role might be at the event, if any, is unknown at this time. Many former wrestlers attend shows as guests but whenever Kevin Nash is around, expect long time wrestling fans to note it and be wary...
- Speaking of the Outsiders, Scott Hall is, by all accounts, doing well after his most recent round of rehab and is back traveling with his former associates in the business. Hall stated in a recent interview that he'd love to make a return to television as a heel announcer in the mold of Bobby Heenan, as well as one day managing his son, Cody, who is currently an up-and-comer on the independent wrestling scene. Hall has been coaching Cody, who has also received instruction from Lance Storm and Roddy Piper.
If you have heard of any interesting rumors that you'd like to add, feel free to post them in the comments section below. Please remember, these are merely rumors. Try not to take them too seriously, just have fun with them.