Although 2012 was lacking in memorable feuds, as you Cagesiders mentioned repeatedly during the voting process, there was a tight race at the top between two in particular, both involving the man who held the WWE championship the entire year, CM Punk.
Ultimately, his feud with Chris Jericho beat out his feud with Daniel Bryan by a mere 4 votes.
Jericho returned to WWE specifically to put Punk over in a series of matches that included a classic encounter at WrestleMania 28 and arguably an even better match at Extreme Rules the next month.
They also pushed the envelope, relative to the times, with Jericho attacking Punk's personal life and his families history of alcohol abuse. The angle hit close to home for some, making it doubly effective.
Punk and Bryan mainly feuded over AJ, which is likely what earned it so many votes. That and the fact that the two had great matches no matter what program they were working on, be it pay-per-view, Raw, or SmackDown. Still, it wasn't enough to get over as the "Feud of the Year."
Here are the full results from our poll:
- CM Punk vs. Chris Jericho -- 38 votes
- CM Punk vs. Daniel Bryan -- 34 votes
- AJ Lee vs. The Men In Her Life -- 20 votes
- James Storm vs. Bobby Roode -- 19 votes
- AJ Styles vs. Christopher Daniels -- 11 votes
- Big Show vs. Sheamus -- 6 votes
- Austin Aries vs. Jeff Hardy -- 5 votes
- John Cena vs. John Laurinaitis -- 3 votes