Rumors float and pro wrestling fans like yourself typically find them interesting, so instead of asking you to click into a thousand different posts with two lines and calling it a story, we're just going to pass along all the latest rumors in this here column we're simply calling the "Rumor Round-Up."
Remember: None of this is confirmed as legitimate news or fact, so take it all with a grain of salt.
Let's get to 'em:
- There are going to be some surprise entrants in the Royal Rumble match that you haven't seen in some time. We're not talking about Roddy Piper or Jimmy Snuka like usual. I'm not sure who that could mean but it's intriguing to say the least.
- Stone Cold Steve Austin will almost certainly be at Raw next Monday night for the 20th Anniversary show. Instead of something with CM Punk, though, expect an interaction with The Rock.
- One person who won't be at Raw next Monday? Brock Lesnar. He doesn't have a lot of dates to burn and they want to use them wisely, not for some one shot deals here and there. Plenty of other talent to make that show go just fine.
- There is talk of The Rock losing to CM Punk at Royal Rumble. He will be winning the title while he's back, but it doesn't necessarily have to happen at that particular show as so many have suspected. In fact, it's possible he could try, get screwed by Cena, end up in an Elimination Chamber match and win the belt there. Cena could be involved in that match and lose, leading to the WrestleMania 29 return match.
- Bruno Sammartino isn't going into the WWE Hall of Fame. It's just not going to happen, though Triple H will continue doing his best to make it a reality.
- There's still a lot of weird talk about Raw moving back to two hours but the reason they won't do that until sometime after WrestleMania is the feeling is they have enough firepower between now and then with The Rock and Brock Lesnar to do big numbers for all three hours on each show.
- The top four matches for WrestleMania are apparently set, as has been talked about recently, and the creative team has been working backwards from there. There is no longer a week-to-week booking mentality. The team knows where they need to go and they're writing to get there. It looks like those four matches are Rock vs. John Cena, Undertaker vs. CM Punk, Brock Lesnar vs. Triple H, and Sheamus vs. Randy Orton.
- Richie Steamboat might be the next WWE developmental wrestler called up to the main roster but apparently they're thinking of changing his name. That makes no sense whatsoever but you know, it's WWE.
- Mark Henry is likely going to come back for one more run but if he falters at all during said run, that's it for him. Christian, meanwhile, will likely be returning at the Royal Rumble as a surprise entrant.
- No surprise here but Alberto Del Rio won the world heavyweight championship from Big Show at the SmackDown tapings this week because WWE has decided he's their guy for the Latino market. It's been said his win got over big in Miami and he celebrated by jumping in the crowd, so we'll see if this kicks off a good babyface run for him.
That's it for this week. Free free to pass along anything else you may have heard in the comments section below and discuss away. Just remember, these are just rumors. Have fun with them.