This past year was a great one for professional wrestling. CM Punk managed to carry the WWE championship from Dec. 2011 all the way into Jan. 2013. Chris Jericho returned for a few glorious months. Daniel Bryan did his best Bruce Willis impersonation, proving he was "Unburiable". AJ Lee became a breakout star. We also saw the debuts of Antonio Cesaro, Damien Sandow, Ryback, Dean Ambrose, Seth Rollins, Roman Reigns, and Big E Langston.
Even TNA managed not to suck as hard as it usually does.
Things are looking up for pro wrestling as a whole. So, with that in mind, why not have a little fun and see what might be in store for fans in 2013? Here are my five big predictions for this coming year:
- CM Punk will lose the WWE Championship before WrestleMania 29. He will bitch about this on Twitter. Dirtsheets will report he is looking to leave the promotion. He will regain the title by SummerSlam, and everyone will report it was a last-second decision for him to stay.
- The Shield will break up heading into the summer months, and Ambrose and Reigns will start a feud over the World Heavyweight Championship. Rollins will be left to tag with Kane when Bryan finally renews his solo career.
- Ricardo Rodriguez will continue to be involved in real matches, and will claim either the Intercontinental or United States Championship by the end of the year. Everyone will announce that the midcard titles finally mean something again, before he is jobbed out to Sin Cara.
- Aces & 8s will continue all the way through Bound For Glory 2013. There will be no satisfactory conclusion, and no big reveal. It will suck. People will continue to not care.
- The WWE Network will finally debut. However, Paul Heyman will be heavily involved. Which means that it will hemorrhage money, and can only be found if you hold a piece of tinfoil on your television at exactly the right angle.
These are my big predictions, Cagesiders. Let's hear yours in the comments below!