Image via ImpactWrestling.com
Total Nonstop Action (TNA) has hit a home run with its annual Bound for Glory (BFG) Series this year, as the tournament finished up on tonight's (Sept. 6, 2012) live episode of Impact Wrestling in Orlando, Florida with two matches to crown a winner, or at least a points leader headed into the final four.
That man is James Storm, who finished with 73 points.
As for who would join him atop the standings, that was determined by two matches on the show: Samoa Joe vs. Jeff Hardy and Bully Ray vs. Rob Van Dam. Hardy submitted Joe to pick up 10 points and move into fourth before Ray pinned Van Dam for seven points, keeping RVD just out of reach to set the final standings.
1. James Storm -- 73 points (13 matches, finished)
2. Samoa Joe -- 68 points (13 matches, finished)
3. Bully Ray -- 62 points (13 matches, finished)
3. Jeff Hardy -- 59 points (13 matches, finished)
5. Rob Van Dam -- 55 points (13 matches, finished)
6. A.J. Styles -- 50 points (13 matches, finished)
7. Kurt Angle -- 48 points (13 matches, finished)
8. Mr. Anderson -- 47 points (12 matches, finished)
9. Christopher Daniels -- 33 points (13 matches, finished)
10. Magnus -- 28 points (13 matches, finished)
11. Robbie E -- 12 points (13 matches, finished)
12. D'Angelo Dinero -- 7 points (9 matches, injured)
Because he finished first, Storm was allowed to choose his opponent in his semifinal match at the No Surrender pay-per-view (PPV) this Sunday night. He chose Ray, whose victory and inclusion would seem to indicate he has re-signed with the promotion. Or perhaps it doesn't and he'll put Storm over before leaving.
That also means Joe will battle Hardy in a rematch of last night. The winners of the two matches will meet in the final with a shot at a heavyweight championship match at Bound for Glory in October on the line.
For complete results and the running live blog from Impact Wrestling tonight click here.