MEMPHIS, TN - MAY 13: Professional wrestler Jerry "The King" Lawler address the fans prior to to Game Seven of the Western Conference Quarterfinals in the 2012 NBA Playoffs between the Memphis Grizzlies and the Los Angeles Clippers at FedExForum on May 13, 2012 in Memphis, Tennessee. NOTE TO USER: User expressly acknowledges and agrees that, by downloading and or using this photograph, User is consenting to the terms and conditions of the Getty Images License Agreement (Photo by Kevin C. Cox/Getty Images)
Here's video of the press conference Jerry Lawler held from his home to address his heart attack on WWE Monday Night Raw in Montreal on Sept. 10, 2012. It's the very same interview that caused Hollywood Holland to have a meltdown this week.
Among the topics covered:
- His return to WWE is uncertain as far as a timeline goes but he is definitely coming back to wrestling. His doctors have said there's no reason that can't happen, so that's exactly what's going to go down, much to the chagrin of many.
- He's still extremely sore, with his voice noticeably different from having a tube shoved down his throat. His chest is also banged up, which may be a cracked rib from the CPR that was administered backstage at Raw.
- He admits to not remembering anything from Raw after the opening segment with Bret Hart and CM Punk, including his entire match. He doesn't remember going back to the commentary desk or anything. He was calling the show and then he suddenly woke up in the hospital with the news that he had suffered a massive heart attack and nearly died.
- He admits that his recovery process will be different than most because he didn't actually experience the heart attack, or at least he doesn't remember it. There was no gripping realization that he was dying but rather, he just passed out and that was that. This will obviously affect how he goes about life moving forward, although he has promised to make dietary changes as well as get much more exercise because "wrestling two times a week isn't enough."
- Hulk Hogan and Ric Flair both reached out to him after the incident to check in and see how he was doing, as well as basically the entire WWE roster.
It's a long video with much more, so make sure you watch it. You can do so after the jump.