Back in 1969, when former heavyweight boxing champion Rocky Marciano was long retired from the squared circle, there was a young man by the name of Muhammed Ali who was similarly undefeated and absolutely wrecking his competition.
What if the circumstances were different and the two were able to face off?
The desire was such that the two were brought together inside a ring for a sparring session in which every detail of their movement, footwork, size, speed ... EVERYTHING ... was fed into a computer to determine a winner.
Heck, Sylvester Stallone made an entire movie based on that premise.
In the same vein, WWE.com has brought us the top 10 list of fantasy matches which never happened. For one reason or another, the 20 competitors on this list never found themselves in the same ring as their fantasy counterpart.
10. CM Punk vs. Randy Savage - Ever since Punk's most recent run with the title, the comparisons have been made. His awful elbow drop tribute aside, Punk is cast the very same supporting role Savage was in during the 1980s while Hulk Hogan was off doing his thing. Hogan -- and John Cena today -- brought in the kids and the casual fans while more hardened supports of pro wrestling gravitated toward Savage as they do Punk today.
9. Mankind vs. Dude Love vs. Cactus Jack - Which of the Three Faces of Foley would win? Dude Love was too goofy and lacked the killer instinct of the other two alter egos. Mankind was demented and was willing to put his body through hell and back but Cactus Jack survived -- and won -- the King of the Deathmatch tournament. Jack wins this, hands down.
8. Fabulous Moolah vs. Trish Stratus - The best women's wrestler before the 1990s and the best women's wrestler afterward. Moolah was the WWE Women's Champion for nearly three damn decades and Stratus was one of the most beloved figures in the Attitude Era.
7. The Four Horsemen vs. Evolution - Both had Ric Flair but one was infinitely more awesome. The Four Horsemen were the first time it was cool to like the bad guys. They rode around in private jets, dressed in tailored suits and attracted lovely women. The Horsemen were where it was at while Evolution was a pale imitation.
6. André the Giant vs. The Big Show - I hate family feuds.
Check out numbers five through one plus the accompanying video after the jump.
5. The Legion of Doom vs. The Dudley Boyz
4. I Quit Match: Bret Hart vs. Kurt Angle
3. Sting vs. The Undertaker
2. Shawn Michaels vs. The Rock
1. Hulk Hogan vs. Steve Austin
Who wins the top five match-ups, Cagesiders?