Total Nonstop Action (TNA) Wrestling continued its Bound for Glory (BFG) Series during last night's (Aug. 30, 2012) episode of Impact that featured three matches that created some movement in the standings.
And an elimination from the final four.
Indeed, with his loss to Samoa Joe, AJ Styles has finished up the Series with 50 points, good enough for fifth place leaving him on the outside looking in. The victory for Joe, meanwhile, kept him within one pinfall victory of current leader James Storm, who also finished his Series with 73 points after picking up a pin over Rob Van Dam.
Despite his loss, RVD remains in the top four, currently tied with Bully Ray with 55 points. Ray scored seven on Aug. 29 at Xplosion to put him in contention with one match to go.
Jeff Hardy is also on the outside looking in but after scoring seven points with a pinfall win over Kurt Angle last night, he kept himself alive heading into next week's final two matches.
Storm has clinched his spot but the other three slots are to be decided in a pair of matches pitting the remaining four vying for those slots. Hardy will take on Joe while Ray battles Van Dam.
Here's a look at the updated standings:
1. James Storm -- 73 points (13 matches, finished)
2. Samoa Joe -- 68 points (12 matches)
3. Rob Van Dam -- 55 points (12 matches)
3. Bully Ray -- 55 points (12 matches)
5. A.J. Styles -- 50 points (13 matches, finished)
6. Jeff Hardy -- 49 points (12 matches)
7. Kurt Angle -- 48 points (13 matches, finished)
8. Mr. Anderson -- 47 points (12 matches, finished)
9. Christopher Daniels -- 33 points (13 matches, finished)
10. Magnus -- 28 points (13 matches, finished)
11. Robbie E -- 12 points (13 matches, finished)
12. D'Angelo Dinero -- 7 points (9 matches, injured)