WWE is back to its list making ways and the folks who run the company website have stumbled upon a great idea.
With WWE '13 bringing the Attitude Era back to its fans, it makes sense they are trying to recall some of the most nostalgic moments from that time period. In keeping with that, WWE.com has posted the top 25 moments that define the Attitude Era.
It was an exciting time to be a pro wrestling fan; anarchy and chaos ran supreme and people kept tuning in to see what would happen next.
Of course, WWE.com has a way with lists and you Cagesiders are going to have some strong opinions on this one.
I won't give anything away here but I, for one, was flabbergasted by the order. Maybe you will feel differently, though. Enough with the introductions, let's take a trip down memory lane.
The entire list after the jump.
25. WWE purchases WCW: Raw, March 26, 2001
24. The debut of Big Show: St. Valentine's Day Massacre 1999
23. Crash Holly declares the Hardcore Championship will be defended 24/7: SmackDown, March 2, 2000
22. "Stone Cold" Steve Austin fills Mr. McMahon's Corvette with cement: Raw, Oct. 12, 1998
21. The formation of The Corporate Ministry: SmackDown, April 29, 1999
20. The Big Boss Man crashes the funeral of Big Show's father: SmackDown, Nov. 11, 1999
19. Mankind morphs into Cactus Jack: Raw, Jan. 10, 2000 & SmackDown, Jan. 13, 2000
18. The Rock is crowned "The Corporate Champion": Survivor Series 1998
17. The Undertaker kidnaps Stephanie McMahon: Backlash 1999 & Raw, April 26, 1999
16. "Stone Cold" Steve Austin gives The Corporation a beer bath: March 22, 1999
15. The debut of Kane: Badd Blood 1997
14. "The Greater Power" is revealed: Raw, June 7, 1999
13. "This Is Your Life": Raw, Sep. 27, 1999
12. The debut of Chris Jericho: Raw, Aug. 9, 1999
11. Triple H reforms D-Generation X: Raw, March 30, 1998
10. The Montreal Screwjob: Survivor Series 1997
9. Mick Foley wins his first WWE Championship: Jan. 4, 1999
8. Triple H marries Stephanie McMahon: Raw, Nov. 29, 1999; Armageddon 1999 & Raw, Dec. 13, 1999
7. D-Generation X invades WCW Monday Nitro: Raw, April 27, 1998
6. "Stone Cold" Steve Austin's first Stunner to Mr. McMahon: Raw, Sept. 22, 1997
5. Bret Hart snaps: Raw, March 17, 1997
4. "Tyson and Austin!": Raw, Jan. 19, 1998
3. The Undertaker vs. Mankind - Hell in a Cell Match: King of the Ring 1998
2. The formation of D-Generation X: Raw, Oct. 13, 1997
1. "Stone Cold" Steve Austin coins "Austin 3:16": King of the Ring 1996
What do you think, Cagesiders? When you think of the defining moments of the Attitude Era, is this what you come up with? Or would you order things a bit differently?