"World Wrestling Entertainment (WWE) is going to three hours? We better beat them to it!"
That's a conversation that probably didn't happen in Total Nonstop Action (TNA) Wrestling offices but it sure seems fishy that the promotion would announce a permanent switch to a three hour block of television on Thursday night's starting at 7 p.m. ET just two weeks away from the date Monday Night Raw begins its journey as a three hour TV show.
The plan as it stands now is to air "Rewind" at 7 p.m. leading into a two hour episode of Impact at 8 p.m.
From the announcement:
- Witness the aftermath of the "Destination X" Pay-Per-View event! NEW World Heavyweight Champion Austin Aries will be there! What will he have to say about his big win on Sunday night? How will former champion Bobby Roode react? Don't miss it!
- Plus, the broadcast will feature the NEW X Division Champion, Zema Ion! Ion survived the X Division tournament and Ultimate X Match on Sunday night to claim the championship!
- In a huge Bound For Glory Series match on Thursday's SpikeTV broadcast, Kurt Angle battles Mr. Anderson! Which superstar will pick up points in the ongoing competition for a shot at the World Title?
- The Knockouts Title will be on the line on Thursday as Miss Tessmacher defends the gold against former champion, Gail Kim
- Plus, Joseph Park goes to war with Bully Ray!
All this and much more on Thursday's IMPACT WRESTLING broadcast LIVE at 8/7c on SpikeTV
Simply put, "Rewind" is exactly what you would think it would be. A recap style show designed to detail what's been going on in TNA leading into each new episode of Impact.
There have been rumblings that the first hour of Monday Night Raw will be somewhat similar, but that's just speculation at present time. We won't know for sure what plans are until July 23 when the switch is made.
Thoughts on this, Cagesiders?