Here's the thing, Cagesiders -- Friday Night Smackdown is a good show.
Last night's (June 15, 2012) episode was the go home show to World Wrestling Entertainment's (WWE) No Way Out pay-per-view (PPV) event scheduled for this Sunday night at the IZOD Center in East Rutherford, New Jersey. And it was a damn good episode.
- Dolph Ziggler kicking off the show calling AJ a "95-pound disgruntled Hot Topic employee" was great. The tag team match between Ziggler and Daniel Bryan against CM Punk and Sheamus was really good, too.
- Brodus Clay is getting more time on the microphone as a more serious character and I'm finally starting to come around again. He also used the term "hot minute," which gets me every time. He did, however, call John Cena "the big homie," which loses points. It's a see-saw with the Funkasaurus.
- Big Show cuts another great promo and he's been a better performer in the past few weeks than the rest of his career combined. I know you can't sell him as a main event who will draw big money but man, he's doing some incredible stuff.
- They edited out the Goldberg chants for Ryback. I maintain my stance that he needs to acknowledge the 800-pound elephant in the room.
- Damien Sandow's cover >>>> anyone else's cover. Except maybe Undertaker.
- The less said about John Cena, the better.
What did you Cagesiders think of Smackdown last night? If you missed it, enjoy the video!