Photo via @JoeVilla_WWE
World Wrestling Entertainment (WWE) is holding tapings at Full Sail University in Florida tonight (Thurs., May 17, 2012) to kick off its new partnership with the college to make NXT its new developmental program.
And now we have a few pictures of the stage set up.
Above you can see what the ring and arena looks like, courtesy of WWE Publicist Joe Villa's Twitter. Personally, I think it looks fresh, and has an intimate appeal as opposed to how small I expected it to be. The set up is such that around 500 students from the University will be able to fill up the arena for each taping.
From the looks of it, they had no issue doing so. Check out a few more pics, along with a few spoilers, after the jump.
SPOILERS BEYOND THIS POINT!!!
Just a few notes on the tapings taking place tonight courtesy of PWTorch.com:
- Jim Ross and William Regal did, in fact, do commentary for the first taping, though the second episode saw him leave in favor of Byron Saxton. There was a mix for later tapings.
- It was also announced that Dusty Rhodes will be the new General Manager of NXT.
- Tyler Black (known as Seth Rollins in WWE) made his debut.
- Dean Ambrose, unbelievably enough, was apparently a dark match. According to reports, he was over pretty big.
- Florida Championship Wrestling (FCW) talent, as expected, was featured heavily. Interestingly enough, no titles were worn or apparently even made mention of during the show.
- Reports stated the show dragged because they taped an entire month's worth of shows in one night. The crowd grew restless and because of the lack of name talent, some didn't stick around until the end of the evening, even with Sheamus vs. Alberto Del Rio going on last.