The sport of professional wrestling is the finest form of pure competition ever conceived by the human brain. Of this, there can be no question and if there's one thing that true fans know it's that the only way to track the success of your favorite WWE Superstar is by his performance in the ring. With Wrestlemania 28 behind us, now is the perfect time to begin a year long wrestling season that will culminate at Metlife Stadium with Wrestlemania 29. Each week at Wrestler Wrankings we'll track the progress of all superstars on RAW, Smackdown and PPV events using a simple formula.
Check it out ofter the jump...
ANY WIN = 2 points
US or INTERCONTINENTAL TITLE BOUT = 1 point
WWE or WORLD HEAVYWEIGHT TITLE BOUT = 3 points
At the end of the year the wrestler with the most points wins the season championship.
As an example, if Tatanka was successful in defeating Razor Ramon for his IC strap on RAW, they would both receive 1 point for appearing in a title bout and then Tatanka would receive 2 additional points for the win. Note that the challenger need not win the title to get the bonus. For our purposes, the only thing that matters is the winner of the match by any method. Of course, the defeated champion will keep his title and the chance to rack up more title bout bonuses in the future so there is a lot of benefit to holding onto the title.
The only other factor in determining the Wrankings is a bonus PPV multiplier, but we'll introduce that as Extreme Rules approaches at the end of the month.
Now without further delay, lets get to this weeks scores:
- Mark Henry -- 5 points (3 for WWE title bout, 2 for win)
- CM Punk -- 3 points (3 for WWE title bout, no win)
- Santino Marella -- 3 points (1 for US title bout, 2 for win)
- Lord Tensai -- 2 points (win)
- Kofi Kingston -- 2 points (win)
- The Miz -- 2 points (win)
- Dolph Ziggler -- 1 point (US title bout, no win)
- Jack Swagger -- 1 point (US title bout, no win)
- David Otunga -- 1 point (split win, handicap match w/ Mark Henry)
- Mark Henry -- 1 point (split win, handicap match w/ Otunga)
- Randy Orton -- 2 points (win)
- Ryback -- 2 points (win)
- The Big Show -- 2 points (win)
- Alberto Del Rio -- 2 points (win)
WEEK 1 RANKINGS
1. MARK HENRY -- 6 points
T2. CM Punk -- 3 points
T2. Santino Marella -- 3 points
3. 7 tied with 2 points
Apologies to the Divas and Tag Team divisions, Wrestler Wrankings are for men's singles competitors only for the time being. When WWE starts taking these other divisions seriously, then the Wrankings might take notice.
Thanks for reading and we'll see you next week.