I normally read this blog and have never posted anything, but feel I've been watching wrestling for long enough to know the in's and out's and WWE really needs to not screw up what they have in "my boy D'Bri." First off, I don't think (at least before Raw last Monday) they realize the kind of star they have on their hands, and the potential they have to with him. Honestly, he surpassed CM Punk (who will get his own post on why he is not my favorite anymore) a couple of weeks ago as my favorite in the company, and he keeps getting better. Vince or Trips, whoever is running the show, please try to not screw up the vegan, fighting machine.
- Turn Him Face. He was fun as the underdog that no one thought could win on NXT. His feud with the Miz was cool because he got to beat the 2nd most hated man in wrestling (I still think Cole is first). However, his heel, vegan, douche boyfriend, YES YES YES, character is amazing. It reminds me so much of old Kurt Angle, who might be my all time favorite, but in a fresh way. Instead of hearing arenas chant "You Suck" during Angle's theme song, or "What" Steve Austin style, they're screaming Yes! Yes! Yes! For a character who Cole tried to bury for months/years on commentary. The WWE finally has a new heel that people love, kind of like old Orton, but again in a new fresh way. Think about it, the crowd was roaring YES YES YES and we want Bryan and wanted him after the show, a crowd in Miami. This guy named the Rock is from Miami and was at Raw, but the crowd wanted Bryan after, not him.
- Separate Him From AJ. I did not like her at first. (More of a Mickie James kind of guy), but she is so damn cute. When we see Bryan, we see her. We like seeing her and thus we like seeing Bryan. The way they have their relationship is perfect. It doesn't need to escalate to where he is outright abusive and someone saves her from him. That can be saved for the mid-card (think Test-Scott Steiner-Stacy Keibler). The whole shut-up AJ thing looks bad, but then they have segments where she has such an innocent look on her face and says "he is so good at cuddling." It makes you think D-Bri is a softie behind the scenes, which makes his character more fun to me.
- Move Him Down the Ladder. I would say he would be the perfect Intercontinental Champion, and having him against Dolph Ziggler for the IC title as the main event of summer slam in a submission match would be amazing, but come on that's an amazing idea and WWE would never do that. Don't have him against Show, Ryder, Swagger, Christian, or Kofi Kingston. He belongs in there with Henry, Punk, Ziggler, Del Rio, Orton the Rock. He is too talented and popular to keep on the undercard he belongs in the spotlight. Give that man a ring and a microphone and just enjoy him being him. He does a damn good job of it.
- Putting Him Against Cena, or Kane. I could see WWE putting him against Kane because that way they could capitalize him being so popular and turn him face in overused David vs Goliath, but no he needs to stay heel. I don't outright hate Cena like a lot of people on here do, but I think D-Bri really needs to face Del Rio, Orton, or Shemus. Del Rio and Bryan are both very charismatic on the mic and the idea of YES YES YES vs SI SI SI chants is just awesome and think of how many armbars/lebell locks there would be in that match. I think the Orton Bryan would be fun because of a whole "I am a predator and I'm going to kill you thing" vs "Hey I'm a vegan and your a bad role model!!" But I think Orton should be fighting guys like Rhodes (who I think is awesome) to push them or guys like Big Show to show the IC title is important and former world champs want it. Shemus is the last and probably the best option. I actually like the Great White. I think his character is fun because he's a John Cena superherrroooo with an Irish accent. I think he is a really good in ring performer and has great matches and chemistry with guys like Bryan, Orton, Ziggler, Punk, and Jericho.
- If it aint Broken... WWE has a way of taking things that are awesome and well making them not awesome. Nexus invasion, CM Punk speech, John Cena vs Kane, etc etc. You have something great don't do something like turn him face or stick him in there with guys like Ryder and Santino. I love Santino by the way. I think him and Ricardo Rodriguez should form a tag team and that would save the division. DID YOU SEE THEM AT THE RUMBLE?!!? AWESOME! ok sorry about that I had to get it out there. Bryan is great just being Bryan. He has been working long enough and knows how to work a match, storyline, crowd or whatever. Have him be slightly nicer to AJ one week or slightly meaner the next. Dont have him become all abusive all at once and Cena comes in to save the day. He can fight and have a good match with Kingston once in a while, but not every week. He's awesome let him keep going.
Thats all I have for now. I thought WWE would notice how nuts wrestlemania was D-Bri with all the YES signs and I thought thank god people are realizing how legit this guy is. WWE then lets him get destroyed very quickly. It was the absolute worst thing they could have done. An easy fix to it would have been opening match Shemus kicks him, but its before the bell then they have the match an hour later and Bryan and him have a great match, which they would have, but loses clean and blames it on the kick. The WHC should not be first match on wrestlemania two years in a row, and D-Bri should not get squashed Chave Guerrero style. Nevertheless, the fans still loved him the next night as they should and I hope they continue to love him next week because he is that damn good. YES! YES! YES!
The FanPosts are solely the subjective opinions of Cageside Seats readers and do not necessarily reflect the views of Cageside Seats editors or staff.