Welcome back after a one week break to the Cageside Seats Week in Wrestling.
This week was a huge one for WWE, as they followed the tremendous TLC pay-per-view with WWE week on theUSA Network, which included a special Slammy Awards edition of Raw on Monday, a live commercial free episode of SmackDown on Tuesday and a Tribute To The Troops taped special on Wednesday.
TNA, on the other hand, just had their bog standard two hour version of Impact, featuring the usual shenanigans from Aces and 8s and The Hogans, Brooke and Hulk.
So let's get straight to the results!
Raw (Dec. 17)
- Rey Mysterio defeated Damien Sandow by pinfall.
- Booker T presented the Tell Me I Did Not Just See That award to Kofi Kingston for his handstand walk at the 2012 Royal Rumble.
- Kaitlyn defeated Eve Torres by pinfall in a non-title match.
- The New Age Outlaws presented the Comeback of the Year award to Jerry "The King" Lawler for his quick return to commentary from a heart attack.
- Kofi Kingston defeated Tensai by pinfall.
- Vickie Guerrero presented the Kiss of the Year award to AJ Lee for her kiss with John Cena. Afterward, AJ made out with Dolph Ziggler in front of Vickie.
- The Great Khali defeated David Otunga by pinfall.
- Ric Flair presented the Superstar of the Year award to John Cena, who promptly gave the trophy to Flair, which brought out CM Punk with Paul Heyman in tow to bitch and moan about it. Flair got the best of a physical confrontation with Punk and put Heyman in the figure four leglock. After a promo by Flair, The Shield appeared to take him out, but were thwarted by Kane, Daniel Bryan and Ryback.
- Brodus Clay defeated JTG by pinfall.
- Santino Marella and Tensai announced that the LOL Moment of the Year award went to The Rock for throwing John Cena merchandise into the Boston Harbour. Daniel Bryan was upset he wasn't named the winner.
- Cody Rhodes defeated Sin Cara by pinfall.
- Zack Ryder and Layla announced that the Trending Now (Hashtag of the Year) award went to Ryback for #FeedMeMore.
- The Big Show complained about not being voted the Superstar of the Year by WWE fans. This led to Sheamus coming out and shaking Show's hand for being the better man at TLC, only to destroy him moments later with an oversized chair shot and a Brogue Kick when Show started insulting his Irish heritage. Dolph Ziggler went to cash in his Money In The Bank briefcase, but John Cena attacked him and scuppered his plans.
- Alberto Del Rio, The Miz and Tommy Dreamer defeated 3MB when Dreamer pinned Heath Slater after a DDT.
- Sheamus presented the Newcomer of the Year award to Ryback.
- Ryback defeated Antonio Cesaro by count-out.
- Gene Okerlund, Ricky Steamboat and Jim Ross presented the Match of the Year award to Triple H for his classic bout with The Undertaker at WrestleMania 28. Hunter promised everyone that we hadn't seen the last of The Deadman.
- The Shield beat up Tommy Dreamer and Ricardo Rodriguez backstage.
- John Cena & Vickie Guerrero beat Dolph Ziggler & AJ Lee by disqualification when Big E. Langston attacked Cena at AJ's behest.
SmackDown (Dec. 18)
- The show opened with Miz TV featuring Dolph Ziggler, AJ Lee and Big E. Langston. AJ claimed she turned on John Cena at TLC because he had broken her heart just like Daniel Bryan and CM Punk before him, and that Langston is a friend of hers who hates people calling her crazy. The segment ended with Langston laying out The Miz with his finisher.
- Teddy Long persuades Booker T into giving Brad Maddox another shot.
- Damien Sandow defeated Sin Cara by pinfall thanks to The Shield distracting Cara by throwing his absent partner Rey Mysterio's mask into the ring at his feet. After the match, The Shield destroyed Cara's knee to write him out of WWE storylines while he recovers from a real life knee injury.
- Santino Marella defeated Tensai by pinfall.
- Kofi Kingston & Team Hell No defeated Wade Barrett & The Prime Time Players when Kane pinned Darren Young after a chokeslam.
- CM Punk cut an interview largely bashing Ric Flair. Ryback came out to confront Punk and push the date of their future title match together.
- Ryback defeated Antonio Cesaro by pinfall.
- AJ Lee attacked Kaitlyn and they had a pull apart brawl together after a conversation between the two degenerated into a fight when Kaitlyn called AJ a lunatic.
- Kaitlyn defeated Eve Torres by disqualification when Torres tackled the referee.
- Big Show told Dolph Ziggler if he turned on him and cashed in the briefcase, that "I'll knock you so far into the future that by the time you wake up your world championship contract will have expired." Langston got into Show's face before AJ called him off.
- Brodus Clay defeated Brad Maddox by pinfall. After the match, The Shield destroyed Clay with a triple team powerbomb.
- John Cena & Sheamus defeated Big Show & Dolph Ziggler by disqualification when Langston laid Cena out with his finisher again. The show ends with AJ and Ziggler passionately making out over Cena's body.
NXT (Dec. 19)
- The Usos defeated Primo & Epico when Primo was pinned after a Superfly Splash.
- Big E. Langston destroyed Camacho and Aiden English in a short 2-on-1 handicap match. English was the one who got pinned and took most of the onslaught, while Camacho played the cowardly heel.
- Kassius Ohno defeated Percy Watson by pinfall after a tornado elbow strike. After the match, Ohno and William Regal glared at each other.
- World Heavyweight Champion Big Show defeated Bo Dallas by pinfall.
Main Event (Dec. 19)
- WWE Tag Team Champions Team Hell No defeated The Rhodes Scholars when Daniel Bryan pinned Cody Rhodes.
- The Prime Time Players defeated Team CoBro.
Tribute to the Troops (Dec. 19)
- Sheamus & Randy Orton defeated Big Show & Dolph Ziggler when Sheamus pinned Ziggler after a Brogue Kick. This was the match where Orton suffered a separated shoulder.
- Rizzo the Rat and Pepe the King Prawn drool over the playful Layla, while Gonzo is oblivious to her charms.
- John Cena gives a speech thanking the troops for their hard work.
- Ryback defeated Alberto Del Rio by disqualification when Ricardo Rodriguez interfered. After the match, Ryback hits the Shell Shock on both guys to stand tall.
- Miz TV with Kermit The Frog and Miss Piggy as guests. The Miz grills Kermit about his relationship with Piggy and tries to goad him into marrying her right then and there. Damien Sandow interrupts and insults the "porcine provocateur". Miss Piggy goes to lamp him one, only for The Miz to stop her and do it himself.
- The Miz then defeated Damien Sandow by pinfall and enjoyed a post match make out session with Miss Piggy.
- R-Truth & Team Hell No defeated 3MB when R-Truth pinned Heath Slater after hitting his finisher the Little Jimmy.
- John Cena defeated Antonio Cesaro by pinfall.
Superstars (Dec. 20)
- This was a "Best Of Raw 2012" holiday special show, so no new matched aired.
Saturday Morning Slam (Dec. 22)
- This was another Best Of show, re-airing The Miz defeating Justin Gabriel and Rey Mysterio defeating Michael McGillicutty from a few months back.
Impact Wrestling (Dec. 21)
- TNA Television champion Devon defeated Kurt Angle by pinfall after an Aces and 8s member clubbed Angle with a baseball bat while the rest of the gang distracted the referee.
- Brooke Hogan eliminates ODB from getting the TNA Knockouts Championship shot.
- Joey Ryan & Matt Morgan defeated Kenny King & Rob Van Dam when King bails on RVD, who then gets pinned after a Carbon Footprint from Morgan.
- Aces and 8s surround the ring while Hulk Hogan cuts a promo, teasing that they'll get rid of him for good, only for Bully Ray to make the save, which causes the gang to scarper. Despite this, Hogan makes it clear he still doesn't trust Ray.
- Brooke next eliminates Miss Tessmacher.
- Kazarian and Christopher Daniels skit with a rogue Santa Claus making fun of AJ Styles. James Storm comes out and superkicks Santa for being a fake.
- Sting promo video he's returning on 1.3.13 to get his baseball bat back and destroy Aces and 8s.
- Brooke gives the TNA Knockouts title shot to Mickie James instead of Velvet Sky.
- TNA Knockouts champion Tara defeated Mickie James by pinfall after interference from Jesse.
- TNA World Heavyweight champion Jeff Hardy defeated Austin Aries by pinfall with the Twist Of Fate and Swanton Bomb after a ref bump and interference from Bobby Roode.
- The show ends with Hulk Hogan spotting Brooke making out with Bully Ray, before driving away in his car.
Be sure to click all the corresponding tabs to find out more with live blogs and post-event reactions.
Until next week, Cagesiders!