Rumors float and pro wrestling fans like yourself typically find them interesting, so instead of asking you to click into a thousand different posts with two lines and calling it a story, we're just going to pass along all the latest rumors in this here column we're simply calling the "Rumor Round-Up."
Remember: None of this is confirmed as legitimate news or fact, so take it all with a grain of salt.
Let's get to 'em:
- WWE is strongly looking at the possibility of turning Alberto Del Rio babyface because they need that one guy to capitalize on the Mexican market and Rey Mysterio isn't going to be around forever. Sin Cara looked promising but he's been a bit of a diva and hard to deal with. That's without mentioning his spotty ring work. I can't imagine Del Rio has a face character but whatever.
- When Randy Orton comes back, expect the big pop and feel good moment to last for only a few minutes before he finally gets his way and turns heel.
- Sheamus vs. Randy Orton for the world heavyweight championship is almost guaranteed for WrestleMania 29 at this point. I'm not sold on this match because I'm not sold that WWE will have it in them to have the heel go over at the biggest show of the year. That's what would need to happen.
- The Rock will NOT be wrestling at Elimination Chamber. His appearance will be a lot like Triple H showing up at No Way Out this past June to challenge Brock Lesnar to a match at SummerSlam.
- Undertaker hand picked his opponent for WrestleMania 29.
- The idea of bringing back MVP and Shelton Benjamin is fueled by a segment of undercard wrestlers talking about leaving if their situations don't improve. As has been pointed out by others, this seems ridiculous because said undercard wrestlers aren't going to find much better on the independent circuit and TNA already has a bloated roster. For what it's worth, MVP and Benjamin are denying that they're currently in talks with WWE.
- The Miz got over with the boys for his calling The Rhodes Scholars "The Pink and The Stink" on Raw because he managed to sneak it in on live television.
- All the talk of John Cena possibly winning Dolph Ziggler's Money in the Bank briefcase and then maybe even winning the world heavyweight championship isn't to add another notch under Cena's belt but to get the world title over. Cena won't be winning at TLC and he won't be winning that title because he's going to win the WWE championship from The Rock at WrestleMania 29 but the company feels he can give a good rub to the lesser belt in his current feud.
- For whatever it's worth, there are still rumors of a title unification match at 'Mania but that's the longest of long shots.
- Jeff Hardy will be re-signing with TNA when his contract comes up. Even if he wanted to come back to WWE, the feeling is the company wouldn't want to risk it anyway because of both the lawsuit still going between the two and Hardy's spotty history.
- The promos airing on Impact Wrestling hyping a big happening on 1.3.13 are, in fact, for Sting's return. An interesting theory I heard was that Buff Bagwell really is in talks to come back and he would do so alongside Sting, like Sting was bringing back reinforcements to help get rid of Aces and 8s once and for all. The reason for it being Bagwell is that fans would associate him with the nWo and, by extension, pick up on the parallels between the nWo and Aces and 8s. The idea is that Aces and 8s are so hard to get rid of, Sting had to go back and get someone from the nWo to finally oust them. It's a pretty cheap sounding way to try to help get Aces and 8s over but hey, nothing else is working.
That's it for this week. Free free to pass along anything else you may have heard in the comments section below and discuss away. Just remember, these are just rumors. Have fun with them.