End of Round 2 results shown, effective as of end of Day 49 - Tu. Nov. 06, 2012 - June M. Williams
Let's have a little fun with some stats and numbers as we head into the Sweet Sixteen in the Cageside Seats Greatest Matches Tournament.
We're headed for the Sweet Sixteen in the Cageside Seats Greatest Matches Tournament and that means we've whittled the field down from 64 to just 16. At this point, every single match-up remaining will be difficult to decide on.
Before we kick off round three tomorrow, however, let's take a look at a few stats and numbers just for kicks.
Wrestlers and their number of matches remaining in the Tournament:
Shawn Michaels - 8
Undertaker - 4
Bret Hart - 3
Triple H - 2
CM Punk - 2
Stone Cold Steve Austin - 2
British Bulldog - 2
Randy Savage - 2
All others with 1 (including each participant in the 1992 Royal Rumble):
John Cena, The Rock, Samoa Joe, Ricky Steamboat, Kurt Angle, Shane McMahon, Razor Ramon, Edge, Christian, Devon Dudley, Bubba Ray Dudley, Jeff Hardy, Matt Hardy, Ted DiBiase, Ric Flair, Jerry Sags, Haku, Tito Santana, The Barbarian, Texas Tornado, Repo Man, Greg Valentine, Nikolai Volkoff, Big Boss Man, Hercules, Roddy Piper, Jake Roberts, Jim Duggan, Irwin R. Schyster, Jimmy Snuka, The Berzerker, Virgil, Col. Mustafa, Rick Martel, Hulk Hogan, Skinner, Sgt. Slaughter, Sid Justice, Warlord
- More than half the matches remaining (9 of 16) took place at WrestleMania
- WrestleMania's 3, 10, 12, 13, 17 (x2), 20, 25, and 26 are represented
- 15 of the 16 matches left took place in WWE
- ROH has one of its original three matches left in the Tournament
- WCW, TNA, ECW and New Japan are all no longer represented
- There is one match left that took place at an "In Your House" show
- Every match remaining took place on pay-per-view
- Both finalists from the Cageside Seats Greatest Wrestler Tournament have two matches left in the tournament
- The lowest seed remaining is the ninth seeded "Shawn Michaels vs. Triple H, SummerSlam 2002."
- Three of the final 16 matches went for an hour or more
- The shortest match remaining in the tournament is "Randy Savage vs. Ricky Steamboat, WrestleMania 3," clocking in at 14:35
- Savage-Steamboat is also the oldest match remaining, having taken place on March 29, 1987
- The newest match remaining is CM Punk vs. John Cena, having taken place on July 17, 2011
- 13 of the 16 matches remaining were either a gimmick match or featured an added stipulation
- 10 of the 16 matches remaining had a championship on the line
- Technically, Hulk Hogan still has a match left in this tournament. Damn it.
See you tomorrow for the start of the Sweet Sixteen!