logo via Hollywood Wallace
Sheamus finally loses the gold, but will he lose his grip on the Wrankings as well? Find out more in this week's edition of Wrestler Wrankings!
Competing often, defending a world title regularly, and winning consistently creates a Hurricane Sandy-like perfect storm for ruling the Wrestler Wrankings. #1 Sheamus has attained all three of these tenets of domination throughout the 2012-13 season, since winning his World Heavyweight Championship at Wrestlemania earlier this year.
Now he has finally relinquished his title belt, and though the possibility exists that he'll win a rematch with #8 Big Show at Survivor Series, there is no guarantee he'll ever topple the gargantuan champion.
Even in this instance, all is not lost for Sheamus' reign atop the Wrankings. After all, "The Great White" still holds a near 30 point advantage on both #2 Ryback and World Wrestling Entertainment Champion, #3 CM Punk.
Nearly as important, is Punk's controversial victory over number one contender Ryback at Hell in a Cell. It is my belief that a title reign by Ryback, with "Big Hungry" taking on all comers, would be the ideal recipe to make up the ground needed to overtake Sheamus. As it stands, the cowardly CM Punk seems relatively uninterested in defending his title in anything more than the bare minimum required to keep his championship. This will make it very difficult to leverage his champion's bonus to grasp the lead spot in the Wrankings Top Ten.
So what do you think, Cagesiders? Will Sheamus' loss this past Sunday ultimately cost him the overall season Wrestler Wrankings championship? Does Ryback have what it takes to catch up? Will CM Punk finally put his shoulder to the wheel in an effort to truly be "The Best in the World"? Or perhaps some other challenger from the lower reaches of the Top Ten will emerge as a serious contender for the season title? Let the world know your thoughts in the comments section.
OFFICIAL WRESTLER WRANKINGS FORMULA:
- ANY WIN = 2 POINTS
- US OR INTERCONTINENTAL TITLE BOUT = 1 POINT
- WWE OR WORLD HEAVYWEIGHT TITLE BOUT = 3 POINTS
- NON "BIG 4" PPV = x1.5 BONUS
- SUMMERSLAM, SURVIVOR SERIES, ROYAL RUMBLE = x2 BONUS
- WRESTLEMANIA = x3 BONUS
The wrestler with the highest score when the season culminates at WrestleMania 29 wins the coveted Wrankings Championship!
Now, without further delay, let's get to this week's scores:
Hell in a Cell PPV, 10/28/2012 (1.5x bonus included in scores):
- Big Show - 7.5 points (WHC bout, win)
- Sheamus - 4.5 points (WHC bout, no win)
- CM Punk - 7.5 points (WWE title bout, win)
- Ryback - 4.5 points (WWE title bout, no win)
- Antonio Cesaro - 4.5 points (US title bout, win)
- Justin Gabriel - 1.5 points (US Title bout, no win)
- Kofi Kingston - 4.5 points (IC title bout, win)
- Miz - 1.5 points (IC title bout, no win)
- Randy Orton (3 points, win)
- Ryback - 2 points (win)
- Randy Orton - 2 points (win)
- Alberto Del Rio - 2 points (win)
- Kofi Kingston - 2 points (win)
- Wade Barrett - 2 points (win)
- Great Khali - 2 points (win)
- R Truth - 2 points (win)
WEEK 31 WRANKINGS TOP TEN:
1. SHEAMUS -- 109
2. Ryback -- 81.5
3. CM Punk -- 81
4. Alberto Del Rio -- 70.5
5. John Cena -- 42.5
6. Randy Orton -- 41.5
7. Antonio Cesaro -- 41
8. Big Show -- 40
9. Daniel Bryan -- 37
10. Dolph Ziggler -- 33.5
T29. Great Khali -- 4 points
T29. Brock Lesnar -- 4 points
Thanks for reading Cagesiders, we'll see you next week!