Everybody who comes to Cageside Seats has an opinion about what's going on in pro wrestling - the Smark's Shoot Standings (S3) are where YOU let us know YOURS.
Cast a vote in the comments. Give us the top three performers you think entertained or impressed the most in the last week, and feel free to talk about why. And/or vote for your top performer in our poll.
Remember, the Standings are for the previous week - the November 19th episode of WWE Monday Night Raw, Wednesday night's WWE Main Event, the Thanksgiving episode of TNA Impact Wrestling and the WWE SmackDown that aired on Friday the 23rd.
Make YOUR mark, smarks!
Any salesfolk in the house, or is this only going to be funny to me?
- Being the sole survivor of the sole traditional Survivor Series match fuels our Smark dreams of an honest-to-goodness main event push for The Show Off.
- A year with the strap continues the Best in the World's impressive run through the WWE, and another top finish in the S3.
- The It Factor finagles the #1 contendership away from his arch-nemesis, and snags the three spot.
- The Viper sinks his fangs into sole possession of fourth, with a week of steady performances.
- The artist formerly known as Jon Moxley tied the World Heavyweight Champion for fifth, without ever opening his mouth (his stablemate Seth Rollins earned a tie for tenth, while
RamonRoman Reigns couldn't scrounge up a single vote).
- Rey dialed up seventh place, just in front of the team-jumper, Miz, and the star of his team, Titus.
The S3 - Week Ending November 18
1. Dolph Ziggler
2. CM Punk
3. Bobby Roode
4. Randy Orton
5. (tie) Big Show
5. (tie) Dean Ambrose
7. Rey Mysterio
8. (tie) Miz
8. (tie) Titus O'Neil
10. (tie) Mick Foley
10. (tie) Drew McIntyre
10. (tie) Seth Rollins
Points in the weekly Standings go toward our annual S3 Performer of the Year. Punk padded his already impressive lead. Ziggler and Roode made moves, as well. Dolph may be best positioned to give Punk some competition here, as even though he is more than a hundred points behind, a strong run to, and at the top, by an Internet Wrestling Community (IWC) favorite could rack up votes quickly.
The S3 Performer of the Year - through the Week Ending November 18
1. CM Punk - 206.5 points
2. Daniel Bryan - 162.5
3. Austin Aries - 116
4. AJ Lee - 111.5
5. Dolph Ziggler - 95
6. Damien Sandow - 89.83
7. Big Show - 60.5
8. Bobby Roode - 53.5
9. (tie) Chris Jericho - 53
9. (tie) Kane - 53
Survivor Series is the second of the WWE's 'Big Four' Pay-Per-Views (PPV), so while it's not a calendar halfway point to the year, it seemed a good milestone to bust out something that may interest only me. I was curious to see how our annual top ten plotted their rise to the top of our Smark hearts and minds. So I made a chart:
Punk's steady rise isn't particularly surprising, nor is AJ flatlining after SummerSlam. But I'd already forgotten how firmly strapped the rocket was to A-Double at about the same time. And it's an interesting reminder of the dual rise of Team Hell No before they officially got that name.
What do you think of the year-to-date? And more to the point, what'd you make of the first non-PPV week we've had in a while? Jog your memory with Cageside Seats Week in Wrestling, and chime in below via your method, or methods, of choice.
Editor's Note: This Weekly FanPost is edited/proofed and promoted to the front page and multiple sections on Cageside Seats each week for the enjoyment of our community. Write one of your own, and maybe we will do the same!