WWE Main Event returned last night (Oct. 31) for a Halloween episode featuring a few men in masks. Rey Mysterio and Sin Cara teamed up with Randy Orton to take on the Prime Time Players and Alberto Del Rio. Wade Barrett also took on Tyson Kidd. Come figure out who got tricked and who got treated last night!
WWE Main Event returned last night (Oct. 31) for a little Halloween wrestling. We saw a few men with some Halloween spirit, as the masked men, Rey Mysterio and Sin Cara, teamed up with Randy Orton to take on the Prime Time Players and Alberto Del Rio.
We also saw Wade Barrett take on Tyson Kidd later in the night.
Let's drop all of last night's candy to read some reactions.
- The featured match was a six-man tag team match between the Prime Time Players and Alberto Del Rio taking on Randy Orton, Sin Cara, and Rey Mysterio. These men put on a pretty thrilling twenty minute match with everyone putting in a little something. Orton ended up hitting an RKO off of a Rey Mysterio 619 on Del Rio to pick up the win. Decent work for what it was, that being an irrelevant match on a night where no one would really be watching. Maybe Sin Cara and Rey Mysterio will find something to do with Darren Young and Titus O'Neil after this.
- Also, say what you will about Alberto Del Rio, but the guy comes out and puts out quality matches each week. The guy even makes Sin Cara look good. This might just be my inner Del Rio mark speaking, but he was booked terribly by WWE and always seems to be in the wrong place at the wrong time. His match versus Orton at Hell in a Cell was one of the brighter points of my night. Leave Del Rio alone!
- To open the show, WWE reported about "rogue" official Brad Maddox reporting to Titan Towers today. At least they are trying to tie a really loose knot on this open end, right?
- Oh, and speaking of guys who just can't get over no matter how good they are; Wade Barrett wrestled Tyson Kidd. Once again, quality match up here, but nothing significant. Barrett picked up the win and called out Sheamus, who he will square off against next week.
- I am liking the buildups they do at the end of the show to set up the next week's feature. It gives the show a little bit of a flow and allows you to get excited for whatever match is featured. However, for people to actually get excited, maybe there should be some more significant matches. Just a thought.
While many of you were taking the kiddies door-to-door or rightfully stuffing your face with candy, WWE put on a decent show here. Match quality doesn't seem to be a problem on this show, but relevance behind the actual matches does.
This show earns a "B-." It could be a solid block of programming with the right tweaks, so we'll see if that turns around sometime soon.
What did you Cagesiders make of last night's Main Event?