Montel Vontavious Porter (MVP) left WWE, officially, on Dec. 2, 2010, when he was granted his release. Since then, he's been working with New Japan Pro Wrestling where he's enjoyed a successful run.
Now, he may be thinking it's time to come back to the States.
That's according to a recent interview he did with our friend Arda Ocal of the Score.
"I'm looking at the talent pool and what they've got and what's going on. I won't lie to you. Sometimes I go, 'Hmmm, I wonder if ...' I've said and maintain that I'm grateful beyond words for the opportunity that Vince McMahon gave me. He made me two promises when I started. He said, 'MVP, you're going to have a lot of fun and you're going to make a lot of money.' He kept both of those promises. I'm grateful. If I come back, it would be my intention to come back to WWE."
I was never a big MVP fan but with the roster the way it is now, as he mentioned, there's a lot of room for new stars to make their way to the top. Sure, it's an uphill climb, but as noted by CM Punk in his recent Ohio Comic Con interview, the company has to start pushing guys to the main event level, especially in light of John Cena's recent injury and the fear that's caused at Stamford offices on what the promotion would be like without him.
Sheamus could be getting groomed to assume the role Cena currently plays but he's only a short term solution. Who comes after that?
That sounds bad on the surface but it screams opportunity for those hungry enough to go and get it. And at 38-years-old himself, it sounds possible MVP is thinking he needs to make a move now if he's going to make a move at all.