Reporting on even more updates and changes to CagesideSeats.com, all thanks to the massive feedback received from readers like you.
Some of you may have already woke up, hit up your favorite pro wrestling destination (we hope) and noticed some changes here at CagesideSeats.com.
Indeed (I started a sentence with it again, mark it down), the fine folks behind-the-scenes at SB Nation United have been burning the midnight oil in their zest to improve your experience whenever you visit a site on the network. It took some time getting used to the initial changes but I think it's all been for the better.
In fact, I know it has.
But the changes haven't stopped coming and the site is seeing new improvements each day. Here are the latest updates, changes and site fixes released just this morning:
- Increased the amount the number of recommended and recent FanPosts on the homepage
- Changed the styles to improve scanning of FanPosts and FanShot headlines and new comments on the homepage
- Added author bylines on Articles in the cover
- Added indicator if articles or features are from another SB Nation site when placed on the homepage
- Added article headline to comments on user profile recent activity list for better reply context
- Reinstated the ability for users to add polls to FanPosts
- Reinstated accurate comment counts on StoryStream updates in the cover
- Reinstated ability for authors to add custom captions to photos
- Trending Stories are now relevant to league of the team or sport the blog covers
- Fixed issue with Shift-A keyboard shortcut for comments not working properly in large threads
- Fixed issue with logos that break out of the circle getting cropped
- Fixed issue where new comment count was incorrect on FanShots posted from another site
- Fixed issue with filters not working on FanShot index page
- Fixed Facebook login issues
- Improved visibility of next and previous arrows on photo galleries
- Added correct author names to the FanPosts page
- Mobile optimization improvements
A lot of that is based on user feedback from fine folks making their voice heard by e-mailing firstname.lastname@example.org and letting us know exactly what you want to see improved upon.
Your wish is our command.
Don't rest on your laurels just yet, though, because we've got more to come. Like we said all along, this thing is only going to get better and better. Thanks for coming along for the ride!
CSS! CSS! CSS!