Vengeance is gone!
In 2012, the WWE will run 12 pay-per-views (PPV) during the calendar year. This is pretty big considering last year saw 13 PPV events and at one time was bloated up all the way 16 shows in 2006.
The previous plan was to run two events in October, with Hell in a Cell going down on Oct. 7 and Vengeance taking place just three weeks later on Oct. 28. Now, Hell in a Cell has been moved to the Oct. 28 date and Vengeance has been scrapped altogether.
Check out the complete PPV scheduled for 2012 after the jump:
- Royal Rumble -- Jan. 29, 2012, at the Scottrade Center in St. Louis, Missouri
- Elimination Chamber -- Feb. 19, 2012, at the Bradley Center in Milwaukee, Wisconsin
- WrestleMania 28 -- April 1, 2012, at Sun Life Stadium in Miami Gardens, Florida
- Extreme Rules -- April 29, 2012, at the AllState Arena in Chicago, Illinois
- Over the Limit -- May 20, 2012, at the RBC Center in Raleigh, North Carolina
Bragging Rights -- June 17, 2012, location TBA
Money in the Bank -- July 15, 2012, Thomas and Mack Center in Las Vegas, Nevada
- SummerSlam -- Aug. 19, 2012, at the Staples Center in Los Angeles, California
Night of Champions -- Sept. 16, 2012, Consol Energy Center in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
- Hell in a Cell -- Oct. 28, 2012, location TBA
- Survivor Series -- Nov. 18, 2012, location TBA
- TLC -- Dec. 16, 2012, location TBA
The biggest change is clearly the removal of Vengeance, but also no longer having three PPVs in six weeks. Now we can look forward to better builds, even if the gimmicks remain.