WWE has some rather ambitious plans for 2012, the biggest of which is the WWE Network that is all set to unveil on April 1 to coincide with WrestleMania 28. It's also reportedly set to move a lot of its smaller pay-per-view shows to the network but preliminary plans reportedly call for each event to remain available through purchase.
The complete schedule for the upcoming year has been released and it looks as follows:
- Royal Rumble -- Jan. 29, 2012, at the Scottrade Center in St. Louis, Missouri
- Elimination Chamber -- Feb. 19, 2012, at the Bradley Center in Milwaukee, Wisconsin
- WrestleMania 28 -- April 1, 2012, at Sun Life Stadium in Miami Gardens, Florida
- Extreme Rules -- April 29, 2012, at the AllState Arena in Chicago, Illinois
- Over the Limit -- May 20, 2012, at the RBC Center in Raleigh, North Carolina
Bragging Rights -- June 17, 2012, location TBA
Money in the Bank -- July 15, 2012, Thomas and Mack Center in Las Vegas, Nevada
- SummerSlam -- Aug. 19, 2012, at the Staples Center in Los Angeles, California
Night of Champions -- Sept. 16, 2012, Consol Energy Center in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
- Hell in a Cell -- Oct. 7, 2012, location TBA
- Vengeance -- Oct. 28, 2012, location TBA
- Survivor Series -- Nov. 18, 2012, location TBA
- TLC -- Dec. 16, 2012, location TBA
The only change this coming year is to the Bragging Rights show, which was Capitol Punishment last year. I'm not sure why they decided to make the switch, but it's not like it will have a major effect either way. It's interesting to note that if all things go according to plan, Bragging Rights could be the first pay-per-view to air on the WWE Network.
How's the schedule looking to you, Cagesiders?