There's a bunch of interesting stuff in the Luna Vachon obituary in the new Wrestling Observer Newsletter, as well as more details from the police.
- Her real name was Gertrude Hurd
, asButcher Vachon was not her biological father and married her mother when Luna was 3 years old. He raised her and considered her his daughter. In an odd bit of trivia, this means that she married a man with the same last name (Dan Hurd, her first husband and the father of her children).(This was corrected in a later WON); Hurd was her married name from Dan Hurd)
- "Chalky blue debris" were found next to a sniffing straw, and blue Oxycontin pills were found nearby, so it's believed that she had crushed up and snorted the pills. The death is being investigated as an overdose.
- Her bipolar disorder worsened when she started using steroids.
- She went to WWE-sponsored rehab in late '94 and spring '09 and had recently told Ann Russo-Gordon (WWE's rehab coordinator) that she was clean.
- All of her issues were compounded by her belief that she was too ugly to be a major star in wrestling.
Her father told Slam Wrestling that the funeral will be private and limited to immediate family.